It is obvious that video gaming is very popular right now. Teens up to adolescence are engaged in playing this kind of game. Looking back in history, video gaming first started when an electromechanical machine was presented at an event in New York. From 1970 up to 1980, public arcades tend to be the most famous video gaming system. And now, as the internet dominates the industry, the online world becomes the new niche for video games.
People found it very convenient to play video games nowadays. From the wide array of games, those can be comfortably played everywhere at the most comfortable place and time that they have. However, one major concern about video gaming arise. This is the addiction to playing video games.
A Problem in Playing Video Games
In order to scale down the disorder associated with internet gaming, players must show at least 5 or more of the following symptoms for a period of 1 year:
- Preoccupied with gaming
- Displaying anxiety, sadness, and irritability when the game is not available or immediately stopped
- Eagerness to play more games to satisfy his need
- Quitting attempts tend to be a failure
- Making video gaming a way to relieve his negative thoughts
- Too much gaming results in losing a job or relationship